Puerto Rico, officially known as the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico), is an unincorporated territory of the United States, located in the northeastern Caribbean, east of the Dominican Republic and west of both the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands.
Puerto Rico is only 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, making it the smallest island of the Greater Antilles. Puerto Rico (Spanish for “rich port”) consists of an archipelago that includes the main island of Puerto Rico and several islands: Vieques, Culebra, Mona and numerous islets.
- More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour of our rum distilleries.
- El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations.
- Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport or a currency converter!
- In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak English.
- Puerto Rico houses the world’s largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth, and was responsible for the first asteroid images in history.
- Toro Verde features one of the longest Zip Lines on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain. Now it features El Monstruo the longest zipline in the universe, yes we said universe, with a 2.5km cable where you will reach a scary speed of up to 93.20 miles per hour.
- Bioluminescence exists around the world, but there are only a few biobays on our planet. Puerto Rico has three of them, a kayak or boat-ride away from our shores, they must be seen to be appreciated.
Puerto Rico Things To Know
Things to Do in Puerto Rico
TAKE ME TO THE HILTON®
As the most recognized name in the industry, travelers all over the world have been saying “Take me to the Hilton” for almost a century. And because of our innovative approach to products, amenities and service. Hilton continues to be synonymous with hotels across the globe. Hilton Hotels & Resorts remains the stylish, forward-thinking, global leader of hospitality – and we help make traveling easier with our smart design, innovative restaurant concepts, authentic hospitality and commitment to the global community.
TourRadar is the world’s most trusted online marketplace for multi-day tours. TourRadar has a vision of bringing like-minded travelers together for journeys of a lifetime. Whether it’s trekking Kilimanjaro, heading on a coach tour in Europe or a safari in Kenya, they connect travelers to more than 20,000 tours in over 200 countries.
The favorite website of gourmet travelers! European leader of social dining, thousands of hosts are ready to welcome you and show you the real taste of their city. On the other side of the world, or at the end of your street, re-discover the surroundings in a yummy and authentic atmosphere.
Get off the beaten path, and taste the city with locals…
With VizEat, you’ll never travel the same way again!